The Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition has a variety of ways to engage volunteers. How you volunteer with DBCC may depend on the amount of time you have available, your availability in the daytime or evenings, and the special skills and talents you may have to lend to DBCC. We will try to match your interests with our volunteer needs, which vary throughout the year.
September, and specifically October, tend to be busy times when we have more volunteer opportunities. The rest of the year is filled with various outreach opportunities, special events, educational needs, and more. We value our volunteers and want to make sure each and every opportunity is worth their time and dedication. Our volunteers help us to extend the “reach” of DBCC. We couldn’t do it without them!
Some of the specific opportunities that we have include:
Office / Mailings
- Help assemble mailings.
- Put together agency informational folders for doctors/hospitals.
- Help sort inventory, specifically the Go Pink! shirt partnership.
- Assemble goodie bags for events/partnerships.
Outreach / Health Fairs
- Attend Health Fairs/Community Events with staff member(s) to man the DBCC table.
- Pass out information.
- Talk to attendees about breast health, early detection, DBCC programs and services.
- Talk to women in your community, at church, in the workplace.
- Help cultivate new opportunities’ to showcase DBCC programs.
Breast Health Presentation (BHP) / Survivor Story
- Attend a BHP with staff member(s) to be the survivor connection at the end. Survivors share a brief synopsis of their story and answer questions about their breast cancer journey.
- Give a BHP presentation.